- 1 Can you resurface a concrete driveway?
- 2 Can you repair damaged concrete?
- 3 Can you concrete over old concrete?
- 4 Can you put concrete over old concrete?
- 5 Is Power Washing bad for concrete?
- 6 What is the best way to clean concrete driveway?
- 7 What can I use to clean my concrete driveway?
- 8 What is the best concrete repair product?
- 9 How do you fix rain damaged concrete?
- 10 What is the best concrete crack filler?
Can you resurface a concrete driveway?
Concrete resurfacing to cover larger cracks or surface problems. Large cracks or holes greater than ¼”, spalling (horizontal peeling or chipping of the surface), and discoloration can be covered with resurfacing or a concrete overlay (a thin layer of cement-based material applied directly over the existing concrete).
Can you repair damaged concrete?
With proper attention to surface preparation and material selection, durable repairs can be made to worn, scaling or cracked surfaces, extending the life of the concrete.
Can you concrete over old concrete?
If the existing concrete is in good shape structurally, you can pour new concrete over it to freshen it up. Worn or cracking concrete makes your outdoor areas look drab, outdated and in need of fresh concrete. If the existing concrete is in good shape structurally, you can pour new concrete over it to freshen it up.
Can you put concrete over old concrete?
You can put new concrete over old concrete. However, unresolved issues with your old concrete, such as cracks or frost heaves, will carry over to your new concrete if not taken care of. In addition, you must pour it at least 2 inches thick.
Is Power Washing bad for concrete?
The quick answer is yes, power washing can degrade a concrete surface. The top reasons for pressure washing damage are using the wrong nozzle, excessive pressure, spraying too close to a concrete surface and holding the nozzle on a particular spot for too long.
What is the best way to clean concrete driveway?
Sweep the concrete surface, then spray the stained area with a garden hose to rinse away dirt. In a large plastic bucket, mix ½ cup of liquid dish detergent into 3 gallons of hot water. (Or, for the best results on tannin stains, use a powdered laundry detergent that’s advertised as being good at removing food stains.)
What can I use to clean my concrete driveway?
But a more effective method is to use a concrete cleaner or degreaser, a concentrated alkaline soap that will loosen up the oil to permit easier removal. For fresh spills, cover the stain with cat litter, sawdust, baking soda, or another absorbent material before cleaning. See How to Remove Oil Stains from Concrete.
What is the best concrete repair product?
Quikrete 10 lb. Vinyl Concrete Patcher is ideal for making smooth repairs to crack or chipped concrete floors, sidewalks or steps. It has strong adhesive properties allowing it to be applied down to a featheredge.
How do you fix rain damaged concrete?
Most damage done to concrete by rain can be fixed by removing the affected layer with specialized tools.
- Cover the concrete with plastic sheeting as soon as possible after the rain starts.
- Remove the plastic once the rain has stopped and allow the concrete to dry fully.
What is the best concrete crack filler?
The Top 7 Best Concrete Crack Fillers for 2021 are:
- Bluestar Flexible Concrete Crack Filler.
- EZR Hairline Crack Sealer.
- Red Devil Pre-Mixed Concrete Patch.
- PC-Concrete Two-Part Epoxy Adhesive Paste.
- DRYLOK Fast Plug Hydraulic Cement.
- Dalton Enterprises 35099 PLI-STIX.
- Damtite Concrete SuperPatch.