- 1 How do you clean unsealed concrete floors?
- 2 How do you clean interior concrete floors?
- 3 What is a good homemade concrete cleaner?
- 4 What is the best chemical to clean concrete?
- 5 Does white vinegar clean concrete?
- 6 Can vinegar clean concrete floors?
- 7 Can you use Pine Sol on concrete floors?
- 8 Can you mop a concrete basement floor?
- 9 Will straight bleach harm concrete?
- 10 Does vinegar harm concrete?
- 11 Can Simple Green Clean concrete?
- 12 How can I make my concrete white again?
- 13 Does bleach clean concrete?
- 14 Does peroxide clean concrete?
- 15 Can you use OxiClean to clean concrete?
How do you clean unsealed concrete floors?
How to Clean Unsealed Concrete Floors
- Sprinkle sawdust on grease and oil stains.
- Sweep the floor with a push broom.
- Dust mop or vacuum the floor.
- Apply detergent and water on the stains.
- Scrub the stained spots with a brush.
- Mop with a baking soda solution.
- Rinse and wipe the floor dry.
How do you clean interior concrete floors?
How to Clean Concrete Floors
- Clear debris. Clean and clear the floor of all debris, dirt and dust using a vacuum, soft bristle broom or dry dust mop.
- Apply Simple Green Multi-Surface Floor Care. Spray the cleaning solution as a light mist across your floor section by section.
- Mop up in sections. Wet mop with clean water and wring well.
What is a good homemade concrete cleaner?
Mix 1/2 cup baking soda to one gallon of water for a gentle cleaning solution. Add 1/8 cup of liquid dish detergent. Spray on patio surface, let sit for 30 minutes, then scrub and rinse. For heavily stained or mildewed patios, you may need a pressure washer.
What is the best chemical to clean concrete?
Five Concrete Cleaning Products To Use
- Soda. Soda can be used to remove grease stains.
- Detergent. This is recommended for smaller grease spills.
- Vinegar and Baking Soda. Cleaning concrete with vinegar or baking soda is a good option if you are looking for a natural cleaner.
- Concrete Cleaner or Degreaser.
Does white vinegar clean concrete?
Yes. Vinegar makes a great cleaner for stained concrete floors. Because of its acidity, you should dilute it 50/50 with warm water to avoid damaging the floors. However, you can use small amounts of full-strength vinegar for touch stains, followed by a quick water rinse.
Can vinegar clean concrete floors?
A natural, all-purpose cleaner, white vinegar is one of the best ways to clean concrete, especially if your floor has stubborn stains caused by mildew or grease. Vinegar also works as a phenomenal spot treatment and stain remover.
Can you use Pine Sol on concrete floors?
You can use Pine–Sol® Cleaners on most concrete floors. Pine–Sol® Cleaners are concentrated formulas that you dilute for most jobs. For general concrete cleanup, use a 24 oz. bottle of Pine–Sol® for 12 gallons of cleaning power.
Can you mop a concrete basement floor?
If your concrete floor is sealed, you can safely wet mop your floor. However, if it is unsealed, dry mop and remove moisture as quickly as possible. Sitting moisture can soak into the concrete and cause new staining.
Will straight bleach harm concrete?
When applied to concrete, bleach does not harm the sturdy material. It also disinfects concrete. When using bleach, work in a well-ventilated area because the fumes from bleach can be overwhelming. Depending on your cleaning project, you might combine the bleach with detergent, dilute it with water or use it straight.
Does vinegar harm concrete?
Vinegar does not dissolve concrete itself but can degrade the cement that binds concrete together. As a weak, dilute acid, vinegar will cause only minor damage to concrete but can take the shine off polished surfaces. It can, however, be used to remove small amounts of cement from tools.
Can Simple Green Clean concrete?
You can use Simple Green Oxy Solve Concrete and Driveway Cleaner to clean a concrete patio with or without a pressure washer. It removes oil, grease, grime and most stains and discolorations. Its biodegradable formula is safe for lawns and pets.
How can I make my concrete white again?
Apply vinegar or bleach to the discolored areas. If you use vinegar, do not dilute it. Pour it onto the concrete and scrub it into the surface with a scrub brush. If the discoloration starts to fade, repeat until it disappears completely.
Does bleach clean concrete?
Concrete floors are commonly used in basements, patios and garages. Since these areas are prone to dirt, residue, mold or mildew, you should clean them with bleach. Bleach effectively removes many stains, deodorizes and kills mold and mildew when used properly.
Does peroxide clean concrete?
Cleaning concrete outdoors: you can rent a pressure washer for use in combination with a biodegradable detergent. Cleaning concrete indoors: your supplies are likely to be a bucket, scrub brush, and detergent. Hydrogen peroxide or ammonia also work well too.
Can you use OxiClean to clean concrete?
Although it’s possible to scatter the OxiClean powder on the wet concrete and then scrub with a stiff broom, you‘ll probably get a more uniform result by mixing the powder with water first. Use four scoops of powder per gallon of water. During that time, you can scrub the concrete to make the cleaning more effective.