- 1 How can I make my concrete walkway look better?
- 2 Does concrete resurfacing last?
- 3 How do you make concrete look new again?
- 4 Can you concrete over old concrete?
- 5 What is the best product to resurface concrete?
- 6 Is paint or stain better for concrete?
- 7 Can pitted concrete be resurfaced?
- 8 Does bleach destroy concrete?
- 9 Is Power Washing bad for concrete?
- 10 How do you fix discolored concrete?
- 11 Can you pour concrete over dirt?
- 12 Does mortar stick to concrete?
How can I make my concrete walkway look better?
9 Budget Ways to Make Your Walkway Look Even Better Than Last Year
- Lay down shards of broken concrete.
- Stain your dried out concrete walkway.
- Surround your stepping stones with lava rocks.
- Add a walkway as a flower bed border.
- Shape a pretty stone walk from concrete.
- Use full pallets for an instant pathway.
Does concrete resurfacing last?
How long does it last? Thanks to its advanced bonding properties, concrete resurfacing can last for quite a while. A properly resurfaced floor can last from 8-15 years.
How do you make concrete look new again?
3 Ways to Make Old Concrete Look New Again
- Power Wash. Over time, your concrete will accumulate grime and dirt.
- Resurface. If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to improve your curb appeal, resurfacing your concrete steps and driveway is a great way to start.
- Add Stain or Sealing Coats.
- Revive Your Old Concrete.
Can you concrete over old concrete?
If the existing concrete is in good shape structurally, you can pour new concrete over it to freshen it up. Worn or cracking concrete makes your outdoor areas look drab, outdated and in need of fresh concrete. If the existing concrete is in good shape structurally, you can pour new concrete over it to freshen it up.
What is the best product to resurface concrete?
QUIKRETE® Concrete Resurfacer is a special blend of Portland cement, sand, polymer modifiers and other additives designed to provide a shrinkage compensated repair material for making thin repairs to sound concrete which is in need of surface renewal.
Is paint or stain better for concrete?
Of the two types of floor paints, latex paint is the best garage floor coating option, and oil paint the is best for concrete porches and patios. Floor and concrete stains are usually easier to apply than paints, but they require more frequent reapplication to keep looking fresh.
Can pitted concrete be resurfaced?
Indeed, you can use resurfacer to revive just about any worn-out concrete surface. In especially dry, windy, or hot conditions, it may be necessary to mist the area while the resurfacer gains strength.
Does bleach destroy concrete?
Bleach is safe to use on concrete. When applied to concrete, bleach does not harm the sturdy material. However, it does remove spots and unwanted matter from the surface, such as mildew and moss. It also disinfects concrete.
Is Power Washing bad for concrete?
The quick answer is yes, power washing can degrade a concrete surface. The top reasons for pressure washing damage are using the wrong nozzle, excessive pressure, spraying too close to a concrete surface and holding the nozzle on a particular spot for too long.
How do you fix discolored concrete?
Cleansing — For mild discoloration, repeatedly flushing the hardened concrete surface with hot water, then scrubbing with a stiff brush, can reduce or remove discolored blotches. Acid treatment — If the discoloration is more severe, a mild acid solution of 1-3% muriatic acid to water can help remove the discoloration.
Can you pour concrete over dirt?
Long story short, yes you can pour concrete over dirt.
Does mortar stick to concrete?
Concrete slab was the foundation, original tile installation had mortar applied directly to concrete slab. Concrete, mortar or similar materials are not designed to stick or bond to old surfaces. You will not get any satisfactory results if you simply add new mortar to old. It just doesn’t work.