- 1 Can I polish my concrete floor yourself?
- 2 How much does it cost to polish concrete floors?
- 3 What is the best finish for concrete floors?
- 4 Is polished concrete cheaper than tiles?
- 5 Can you use vinegar to clean concrete floors?
- 6 What makes concrete shiny?
- 7 How do you keep polished concrete floors shiny?
- 8 Is polished cement floor expensive?
- 9 Is polished concrete cheaper than hardwood?
- 10 How long does it take to polish a concrete floor?
- 11 Is it better to stain or paint concrete floors?
- 12 Are concrete floors bad for your health?
- 13 Should you seal a concrete floor?
Can I polish my concrete floor yourself?
The good news is, you can achieve this smooth, glossy look for yourself AND you don’t have to outsource the job to tradesmen either! With a range of easy-to-operate concrete polishing equipment for rent, you can be the master of your own project on either old or new concrete floors.
How much does it cost to polish concrete floors?
Polished Concrete Cost. Economical: You can expect to pay between $3 and $12 per square foot for polished concrete, depending on your location and the complexity of the project.
What is the best finish for concrete floors?
Top Concrete Finishing Options
- Acid Stain. An acid stain for concrete floor has a very bold look, recognizable by its mottled appearance and highly variegated finish.
- Water-Based Stain.
- Fast Stain.
- Acrylic Sealer.
- Standard Epoxy.
- Metallic Epoxy.
- Terrazzo or Granite Epoxy.
- Quartz Sand Epoxy.
Is polished concrete cheaper than tiles?
This is because of the complicated steps involved to create the smooth and consistent finish you are after. Compare that to polished concrete look floor tiles, which cost a fraction of the price at TFO. Even including the cost of installation, it would be much cheaper to use concrete look tiles.
Can you use vinegar to clean concrete floors?
A natural, all-purpose cleaner, white vinegar is one of the best ways to clean concrete, especially if your floor has stubborn stains caused by mildew or grease. Vinegar also works as a phenomenal spot treatment and stain remover.
What makes concrete shiny?
A glossy sealer creates a shiny surface, and an acrylic wax adds an additional protective coat. Polyurethane and epoxy sealers resist abrasion, stains and heavy traffic particularly well, but water-based acrylic sealers are less expensive and easier to apply.
How do you keep polished concrete floors shiny?
HOW TO CARE FOR POLISHED CONCRETE FLOORS
- Dust mop the floor daily with a microfiber pad to keep dirt particles off the floor.
- If wet mopping the floor, always use clean water and clean mops.
- When wet mopping, use a neutral floor cleaner formulated to suspend the dirt particles so they can be more easily removed.
Is polished cement floor expensive?
Is a polished concrete floor expensive? With an average price of $3 to $8 per square foot, polished concrete is comparable or less expensive than other flooring materials.
Is polished concrete cheaper than hardwood?
It is possible for a “fancy” concrete floor to be more expensive than an economical hardwood floor. In general, a tight budget will find concrete floors more budget-friendly, but it depends on the design and finish of the concrete floor.
How long does it take to polish a concrete floor?
Depending on the area, the level of polish, and the obstacles, the polishing can take upwards of 2 to 3 days. However, you can use the surface immediately after the polishing is done.
Is it better to stain or paint concrete floors?
Concrete stain embeds the surface to color it translucently, while opaque concrete paint covers the top of the concrete but is subject to chipping and peeling when improperly applied. Concrete stains go on quicker, dry faster and take less work than concrete paint, but they offer no significant protection.
Are concrete floors bad for your health?
According to experts, concrete floor systems can cause everything from bunions and ingrown toenails to shin splints, lumbar strain, and achilles tendonitis. It can also lead to lower back pain, stress fractures, knee pain, and worsening of arthritis symptoms.
Should you seal a concrete floor?
By sealing your concrete floors every 2-5 years, as we would recommend, you can ensure your concrete floors remain in good shape for many years, helping you protect against pitting, cracking, and additional damage.