- 1 Can you use bleach to clean concrete?
- 2 How can I make my concrete white again?
- 3 How do I clean the concrete in my house?
- 4 How do you clean unsealed concrete?
- 5 Does white vinegar clean concrete?
- 6 What is the best concrete cleaner?
- 7 Does bleach hurt concrete?
- 8 Is Power Washing bad for concrete?
- 9 Will baking soda damage concrete?
- 10 Can Simple Green Clean concrete?
- 11 Does vinegar harm concrete?
- 12 Does OxiClean clean concrete?
- 13 Will vinegar remove concrete sealer?
Can you use bleach to clean concrete?
For lightly soiled concrete, you can remove dirt by using bleach mixed with water. Add 1/8th cup of liquid dishwashing detergent to the solution and pour it into a spray bottle. Spray the solution onto the surface, and let it sit for a few minutes. Scrub with a nylon-bristled brush.
How can I make my concrete white again?
Apply vinegar or bleach to the discolored areas. If you use vinegar, do not dilute it. Pour it onto the concrete and scrub it into the surface with a scrub brush. If the discoloration starts to fade, repeat until it disappears completely.
How do I clean the concrete in my house?
You’ll just use a mop and a bucket of water mixed with a mild cleaner. Don’t use ammonia, bleach or any highly acidic substance on polished or stamped floors. Some good cleaners include Castile soap, liquid dish detergent, stone cleaners and mild floor cleaners.
How do you clean unsealed concrete?
How to Clean Unsealed Concrete Floors and Remove Stains
- Sprinkle sawdust on grease and oil stains.
- Sweep the floor with a push broom.
- Dust mop or vacuum the floor.
- Apply detergent and water on the stains.
- Scrub the stained spots with a brush.
- Mop with a baking soda solution.
- Rinse and wipe the floor dry.
Does white vinegar clean concrete?
Yes. Vinegar makes a great cleaner for stained concrete floors. Because of its acidity, you should dilute it 50/50 with warm water to avoid damaging the floors. However, you can use small amounts of full-strength vinegar for touch stains, followed by a quick water rinse.
What is the best concrete cleaner?
Our Top Picks
- Best Overall. Zep Neutral pH Floor Cleaner Concentrate ZUNEUT128.
- Best Bang For The Buck. Sunnyside 64216 TSP All Purpose Cleaner.
- Best Eco-Friendly. ACT Concrete Cleaner.
- Best For Pressure Washing. Simple Green Oxy Solve Total Pressure Washer Cleaner.
- Best Waterless.
- Best Degreaser.
- Best For Mold and Mildew.
Does bleach hurt concrete?
When applied to concrete, bleach does not harm the sturdy material. It also disinfects concrete. When using bleach, work in a well-ventilated area because the fumes from bleach can be overwhelming. Depending on your cleaning project, you might combine the bleach with detergent, dilute it with water or use it straight.
Is Power Washing bad for concrete?
The quick answer is yes, power washing can degrade a concrete surface. The top reasons for pressure washing damage are using the wrong nozzle, excessive pressure, spraying too close to a concrete surface and holding the nozzle on a particular spot for too long.
Will baking soda damage concrete?
When washing concrete, be wary of using any strong chemicals, particularly any acid-based cleaners—these can damage concrete. Instead, use gentle washing agents such as baking soda, dish soap, and water. There are several methods you can try to get your concrete looking like new again.
Can Simple Green Clean concrete?
You can use Simple Green Oxy Solve Concrete and Driveway Cleaner to clean a concrete patio with or without a pressure washer. It removes oil, grease, grime and most stains and discolorations. Its biodegradable formula is safe for lawns and pets.
Does vinegar harm concrete?
Vinegar does not dissolve concrete itself but can degrade the cement that binds concrete together. As a weak, dilute acid, vinegar will cause only minor damage to concrete but can take the shine off polished surfaces. It can, however, be used to remove small amounts of cement from tools.
Does OxiClean clean concrete?
The active ingredient in OxiClean is sodium percarbonate, a powder that, when mixed with water, releases hydrogen peroxide and soda ash. The powder mixes best into warm-to-hot water. Mop that onto the walkway and wait five to 30 minutes. During that time, you can scrub the concrete to make the cleaning more effective.
Will vinegar remove concrete sealer?
Vinegar will strip away the protective seal coating, making the floor vulnerable to water damage, stains, and pitting.