- 1 Are stained concrete floors expensive?
- 2 How much does it cost to get concrete stained?
- 3 Is stained concrete cheaper than vinyl plank?
- 4 Is stained concrete flooring a good option?
- 5 How long will stained concrete last?
- 6 Is it cheaper to tile or stained concrete?
- 7 Is it better to stain or paint concrete floors?
- 8 Does stained concrete increase home value?
- 9 Do you have to acid wash concrete before staining?
- 10 What is the best vinyl plank flooring for the money?
- 11 What is the cheapest option for flooring?
- 12 Is stained concrete cheaper than wood floors?
- 13 Which is better epoxy or stained concrete?
- 14 What is the best finish for concrete floors?
- 15 Is stained concrete slippery?
Are stained concrete floors expensive?
Here are the base prices for popular concrete floor finishes: Stained Concrete Cost – $2 to $4 per square foot. Concrete Overlay Cost – $3 to $7 per square foot. Polished Concrete Cost – $3 to $12 per square foot.
How much does it cost to get concrete stained?
The cost of stained concrete can vary greatly. For a basic application of a single stain color with sealer and minimal surface prep, most decorative concrete contractors charge between $2 and $4 per square foot.
Is stained concrete cheaper than vinyl plank?
Refinishing concrete floors can cost anywhere from $2 to $30 per square foot, so in some cases it certainly could be less costly than installing vinyl plank. But, the real money will be spent if you need to install fresh concrete on top of getting it refinished.
Is stained concrete flooring a good option?
Concrete floors are a great alternative to linoleum, carpet, wood, tile, stone or marble flooring. Concrete can be stained nearly any color, resurfaced in a variety of textures and finishes, or polished for a smooth, shiny look. Plus, concrete flooring is durable, long-lasting and easy to clean and maintain.
How long will stained concrete last?
With stained concrete, the concrete itself will last for many years, potentially over 100 years. However, in order for the stain to last, the floors will need to be sealed or waxed once or twice per year.
Is it cheaper to tile or stained concrete?
Staining a concrete floor typically costs less than tiling. Installing ceramic or porcelain tile costs on average between $15 and $20 per square foot.
Is it better to stain or paint concrete floors?
Concrete stain embeds the surface to color it translucently, while opaque concrete paint covers the top of the concrete but is subject to chipping and peeling when improperly applied. Concrete stains go on quicker, dry faster and take less work than concrete paint, but they offer no significant protection.
Does stained concrete increase home value?
Getting concrete floor coatings or a decorative concrete overlay is not a luxury – it’s an investment that can pay off over time. Not only will the investment improve your enjoyment of the home and reduce your maintenance, but it will also improve the value of your home.
Do you have to acid wash concrete before staining?
Schmidt also warns against acid etching of floors before staining. A lot of people think they need to acid etch the concrete like they do before applying a paint or coating, to get the paint to adhere. But acid washing depletes the lime content, which is what the minerals in the acid stain react with.
What is the best vinyl plank flooring for the money?
Best Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring Brands
- Best Overall: Shaw.
- Runner-up: COREtec.
- Best Selection: Mohawk.
- Most Durable: Shaw Floorte Plus.
- Best Commercial LVP: Armstrong Vivero Best.
- Best Value: NuCore.
- Best Cheap LVP: Home Decorators Collection.
- Best Brand You Might Not Know About: Cali Bamboo.
What is the cheapest option for flooring?
8 Affordable Flooring Options
- Vinyl. Vinyl flooring comes in sheets, tiles, and planks and is predominately manufactured with PVC, resulting in durable, waterproof flooring that can be installed anywhere in your home.
- Sheet Vinyl.
- Plank Vinyl.
- Refinish Your Floors.
Is stained concrete cheaper than wood floors?
For those looking for a durable, showstopper floor, concrete and hardwood both deserve a closer look.
|Make-up/Construction||Sand, cement, aggregate (sometimes pigment)||Solid wood|
|Installed Cost||$2 – 15+||$$$ More than laminate ($12-20)|
Which is better epoxy or stained concrete?
Both stained concrete and Nature Stone flooring will last for years with proper care, but stone epoxy tends to be slightly more durable than stained concrete. The reason for this is because the sealant used on top of stained concrete wears down faster than stone epoxy.
What is the best finish for concrete floors?
Top Concrete Finishing Options
- Acid Stain. An acid stain for concrete floor has a very bold look, recognizable by its mottled appearance and highly variegated finish.
- Water-Based Stain.
- Fast Stain.
- Acrylic Sealer.
- Standard Epoxy.
- Metallic Epoxy.
- Terrazzo or Granite Epoxy.
- Quartz Sand Epoxy.
Is stained concrete slippery?
Like any hard, smooth surface, stained concrete can become slippery when wet, especially if it has been coated with a high-gloss sealer. For concrete floors or walkways exposed to moisture or in areas with a lot of foot traffic, there are ways you can increase the slip resistance without affecting the color.