- 1 Can a concrete porch be resurfaced?
- 2 Does concrete resurfacing last?
- 3 What can I use to cover a concrete porch?
- 4 Is concrete resurfacing expensive?
- 5 How can I make my concrete porch look better?
- 6 Can you concrete over old concrete?
- 7 What is the best concrete resurfacing product?
- 8 How do you fix a crumbling concrete porch?
- 9 Should I resurface my concrete driveway?
- 10 Should I resurface my driveway?
- 11 Can you put Trex over concrete porch?
- 12 How do I make my porch cozy?
- 13 Can I cover my concrete porch with wood?
Can a concrete porch be resurfaced?
Your concrete patio or concrete porch can only be resurfaced once it is completely clean and smooth. In addition, in order for the overlay to bond to the existing concrete surface, a layer of cement paint will first need to be applied to the old concrete.
Does concrete resurfacing last?
How long does it last? Thanks to its advanced bonding properties, concrete resurfacing can last for quite a while. A properly resurfaced floor can last from 8-15 years.
What can I use to cover a concrete porch?
You can use brick pavers to cover a plain concrete porch. When adding a porch to your home, concrete provides a low-cost, durable building material.
Is concrete resurfacing expensive?
The average cost to resurface 100 square feet of concrete is $400. Less expensive projects can run as little as $300 while more expensive ones are about $500. Concrete with a decorative overlay typically ranges in price from $7 to $12 per square foot while stamped concrete costs $8 to $20.
How can I make my concrete porch look better?
Take a look at all of these fabulous concrete patio ideas.
- Paint a Pattern. Yes, you can paint your concrete slab.
- Lay Decking Flooring. Did you know you can lay decking over a concrete slab?
- Add Curves With Pavers.
- Lay Slate Tiles.
- Stain the Concrete to Look Like Tile.
- Add a Beautiful Outdoor Rug.
- Paint Concrete.
- Dress it Up.
Can you concrete over old concrete?
If the existing concrete is in good shape structurally, you can pour new concrete over it to freshen it up. Worn or cracking concrete makes your outdoor areas look drab, outdated and in need of fresh concrete. If the existing concrete is in good shape structurally, you can pour new concrete over it to freshen it up.
What is the best concrete resurfacing product?
QUIKRETE® Concrete Resurfacer provides a beautiful, durable, wear resistant surface designed to withstand heavy foot and vehicle traffic. QUIKRETE® Concrete Resurfacer provides an economical alternative to removing and replacing existing old, spalled concrete.
How do you fix a crumbling concrete porch?
Jason Cameron and crew repair a crumbling concrete porch and steps.
- Introduction. Remove Loose Pieces and Debris.
- Tape Off the Edges. Tape off the edges where you don’t want new concrete.
- Fill the Holes.
- Add a Second Coat.
- Spray Water.
- Use a Concrete Finishing Broom.
- Work the Concrete Into the Pores.
- Add the Skim Coat.
Should I resurface my concrete driveway?
Enhances your driveway’s appearance: one of the best values of concrete driveway resurfacing is it improves your driveway’s appearance. The new layer gives your driveway a fresh look after years of fading and cracking. Extends its lifespan: if you care for your driveway correctly, it should last for up to thirty years.
Should I resurface my driveway?
If the top of your driveway needs extensive repairs but the foundation is still intact, or if you are concerned about the look of patched concrete or filled in cracks, consider resurfacing it instead.
Can you put Trex over concrete porch?
Some may be wondering, “Can you lay Trex composite decking over concrete?” Yes!
How do I make my porch cozy?
5 Ways to Cozy up a Porch or Patio
- Add Cozy Cushions, Throw pillows, throws, as well as an Outdoor Rug. It does take a bit of work to keep an open outdoor area clean all the time, but so worth it for outdoor relaxing and seating for a group.
- Add an Umbrella.
- Add String Lights.
- Add Plants and Planters.
- Add Lanterns with Remote Control Candles.
Can I cover my concrete porch with wood?
Covering your concrete porch with wood provides a warmer feel. Covering a concrete porch with wood provides a warmer, cozier feel. It is also a good way to cover up peeling paint, slight chipping and discolored concrete. Whatever your reasons, adding a wood floor to your concrete porch is a fairly simple operation.