- 1 What is the best paint for a concrete pool deck?
- 2 Should I paint my concrete pool deck?
- 3 How much does it cost to paint a concrete pool deck?
- 4 What kind of paint do you use on a pool deck?
- 5 What is the best outdoor paint for concrete?
- 6 How long does pool deck paint last?
- 7 Can you resurface concrete pool deck?
- 8 Can you paint a concrete pool?
- 9 What pool deck surface is the best?
- 10 Is paint or stain better for concrete?
- 11 Do I need to seal my concrete pool deck?
- 12 How much to power wash and paint a deck?
- 13 Can you use deck paint on concrete?
- 14 Can you paint cool deck around pool?
What is the best paint for a concrete pool deck?
- Editor’s Choice: INSL-X WR102009A-01 Waterborne, Semi-Gloss Pool Paint, 1 Gallon, Black.
- Best Glossy Finish: Rust-Oleum 206999 Marine Topside Paint, Gloss White, 1-Quart.
- Best Deck Repair: E-Z Patch 2 White Swimming Pool Deck Repair Patch – 3 Pounds.
Should I paint my concrete pool deck?
Concrete pool decks won’t need to use a primer coat, but two coats of our pool deck paint is recommended. If the pool deck surface is extremely rough and pitted, you may even want 3 coats, or a thick initial coating.
How much does it cost to paint a concrete pool deck?
The cost to paint a deck ranges from $600 to $1,500 or about $2 to $5 per square foot.
What kind of paint do you use on a pool deck?
Liquid Rubber Deck Coating. Liquid Rubber Deck Coating is probably the best pool deck paint for rough surfaces. It will give you a hard, waterproof, non-skid surface on anything it’s applied to. One of the great things about this paint is that it’s UV stable, which means it won’t fade from being exposed to the sun.
What is the best outdoor paint for concrete?
The 7 top concrete paints for any project
- Best overall: Rust-Oleum Decorative Concrete Coating.
- Best for your budget: Kilz Decorative Concrete Coating.
- Most weather resistant: In The Swim Patio And Deck.
- Best for your driveway: Rust-Oleum EpoxyShield Professional Floor Coating Kit.
- Best for your porch: INSL-X Sure Step.
How long does pool deck paint last?
How long does pool deck paint last? Your pool deck paint can last for several years. For acrylic paints, it can be for at least 2 years. For epoxy paints, it can be from 6 to 8 years.
Can you resurface concrete pool deck?
Concrete pool deck resurfacing can spice up your old pool deck without the hassle of tearing out the old concrete and pouring new. Pool deck resurfacing is a process that either repairs damaged concrete surfaces or updates their look.
Can you paint a concrete pool?
For most of the swimming pool aftermarket, concrete pool paint will be the interior finish of choice simply due to the reduced costs when compared to re-plastering. Since concrete pools can be serviceable even after as much as 50-70 years then the interior surface of your pool may have many old layers of paint.
What pool deck surface is the best?
Poured concrete has been the material of choice for pool decking for decades because it’s durable and water-resistant. When finished with a brushed surface, poured concrete allows swimmers to walk barefooted without the risk of slipping.
Is paint or stain better for concrete?
Of the two types of floor paints, latex paint is the best garage floor coating option, and oil paint the is best for concrete porches and patios. Floor and concrete stains are usually easier to apply than paints, but they require more frequent reapplication to keep looking fresh.
Do I need to seal my concrete pool deck?
A sealer will improve your pool deck’s appearance, prevent fading caused by UV rays and protect it from stains and harmful pool chemicals. Whether your pool deck is plain gray concrete, stained concrete or has a stamped texture, sealing after the concrete has cured and every few years after is recommended.
How much to power wash and paint a deck?
$415 – $925. The average cost to power wash and stain a deck is $2.15 to $4.25 per square foot. Deck painting cost is slightly lower. Total cost is $415 to $925 for decks of average size when a contractor is hired to do the work.
Can you use deck paint on concrete?
Coat all areas of bare concrete with a suitable primer, such as Behr Concrete & Masonry Bonding Primer. That needs to cure at least eight hours. Then you can paint with a product designed for exterior concrete, such as Behr Premium Plus Porch & Patio Floor Paint.
Can you paint cool deck around pool?
Paint can fill up the texturing in the cool deck and make it slippery, which is not a good thing around a pool. Over time, the paint also can become scratched from pool furniture, potted plants, toys and other items. Pool chlorine also will bleach the color from the paint, leaving little white spots all over your deck.