- 1 Is a polished concrete floor expensive?
- 2 Can I polish my existing concrete floor?
- 3 How much does it cost to stain and polish concrete floors?
- 4 How often do you have to polish concrete floors?
- 5 Is it cheaper to have concrete floors?
- 6 Is polished concrete cheaper than tile?
- 7 What is the best finish for concrete floors?
- 8 How do you refinish a concrete floor?
- 9 Is stained concrete flooring a good option?
- 10 Is stained concrete cheaper than wood floors?
- 11 How long does stained concrete last?
- 12 How do I keep my concrete floor shiny?
- 13 What does vinegar do to concrete?
- 14 Do you have to polish concrete floors?
Is a polished concrete floor expensive?
If you want a low maintenance, stone-style appearance then polished concrete could be ideal. Polished concrete typically costs anything from £80 per m2 to £150 per m2. This puts it in the same bracket as high-end stone floorings. But you won’t have to worry about the cost of screeding the floor first.
Can I polish my existing concrete floor?
Almost any structurally sound concrete floor, whether new or old, can be polished. However there are some exceptions, for example with new floors no special mix design is required to achieve good results – although the floor should be in place at least 28 days before polishing begins to ensure adequate curing.
How much does it cost to stain and polish concrete floors?
Here are the base prices for popular concrete floor finishes: Stained Concrete Cost – $2 to $4 per square foot. Concrete Overlay Cost – $3 to $7 per square foot. Polished Concrete Cost – $3 to $12 per square foot.
How often do you have to polish concrete floors?
Most concrete floors do well if they’re polished every 2-3 years using specialized polishing equipment.
Is it cheaper to have concrete floors?
Economical. The cost of concrete floors is very low, about $2 to $6 per square foot to polish a plain gray slab, giving it a lustrous sheen. The concrete’s tonal differences, subtle cracks and aggregates take on a stonelike, natural feel. More elaborate finishes cost around $5 to $8 per square foot.
Is polished concrete cheaper than tile?
Polished concrete is less expensive per square foot than carpeting, tiles, linoleum or any other forms of floor covering. This makes polished concrete a particularly good alternative for businesses that can’t afford marble or granite floors but want the same brilliant, mirror-like finish.
What is the best finish for concrete floors?
Top Concrete Finishing Options
- Acid Stain. An acid stain for concrete floor has a very bold look, recognizable by its mottled appearance and highly variegated finish.
- Water-Based Stain.
- Fast Stain.
- Acrylic Sealer.
- Standard Epoxy.
- Metallic Epoxy.
- Terrazzo or Granite Epoxy.
- Quartz Sand Epoxy.
How do you refinish a concrete floor?
How to refinish concrete floors
- Prepare & Repair. Etch, grind, or shot blast the concrete surface to make it porous.
- Clean & Prime. Mop and let the concrete slab thoroughly dry.
- Mix Product.
- Apply Overlay.
- Add Patterns & Texture.
- Cure & Seal.
Is stained concrete flooring a good option?
Concrete floors are a great alternative to linoleum, carpet, wood, tile, stone or marble flooring. Concrete can be stained nearly any color, resurfaced in a variety of textures and finishes, or polished for a smooth, shiny look. Plus, concrete flooring is durable, long-lasting and easy to clean and maintain.
Is stained concrete cheaper than wood floors?
For those looking for a durable, showstopper floor, concrete and hardwood both deserve a closer look.
|Make-up/Construction||Sand, cement, aggregate (sometimes pigment)||Solid wood|
|Installed Cost||$2 – 15+||$$$ More than laminate ($12-20)|
How long does stained concrete last?
With stained concrete, the concrete itself will last for many years, potentially over 100 years. However, in order for the stain to last, the floors will need to be sealed or waxed once or twice per year.
How do I keep my concrete floor shiny?
Stained concrete floors are easy to clean and keep shiny.
- Sweep your floor. Use a dustmop to avoid damaging the surface of your stained concrete floor.
- Mop your floors. Use a damp mop for occasional cleanup.
- Seal your floors.
- Wax your floors.
- Avoid scuffing your floor.
- Maintain your shiny floors.
What does vinegar do to concrete?
Vinegar does not dissolve concrete itself but can degrade the cement that binds concrete together. As a weak, dilute acid, vinegar will cause only minor damage to concrete but can take the shine off polished surfaces. It can, however, be used to remove small amounts of cement from tools.
Do you have to polish concrete floors?
Although polished concrete floors are extremely durable, they still need to be properly cleaned and maintained. This is especially true if they are located in high-traffic commercial or retail facilities.