How do I make concrete orbs?
Concrete mix can be picked up at any hardware or big box store.
- Step 1: Prepare the Glass Globes.
- Step 2: Mix the Concrete.
- Step 3: Fill the Globes with Concrete.
- Step 4: Allow the Concrete Orbs to Dry.
- Step 5: Crack & Remove the Glass Globes from the Concrete Orbs.
How do you make concrete garden spheres?
Recipes for our DIY Concrete Garden Globes:
- Recipe 1 – Hypertufa. 2 parts cement. 3 parts peat moss. 3 parts perlite.
- Recipe 2 – (This is what we used!) 1 part cement. 1 part peat moss. Water.
- Recipe 3. 1 part cement. 1 part potting soil. Water.
- Recipe 4. Pure Portland cement. Water.
How do you cast a concrete exercise ball?
Apply a thin layer, about 1/8 inch thick to the surface of one side of your exercise ball. Allow the cement mixture to dry, then turn the ball and repeat until the entire ball is covered by at least an 1/8 inch of cement. If you plan on sitting on these balls, you will want to make the layer at least 1/2 inch thick.
How do you make a hypertufa sphere?
Mix 1 part Portland cement, 1.5 part peat and 1.5 part Perlite. If you are substituting sand for Perlite use 1 part Portland cement, 1 part peat and 1 part sand. Make sure everything is well blended and any large chunks of peat are broken up. Slowly add enough water to moisten the mix.
How do you make homemade concrete molds?
Make your own Mold for Concrete – Part 1
- pure silicone caulking like this (make sure it isn’t latex)
- 1 box of corn starch.
- rubber/latex gloves.
- a ‘non-precious’ bowl.
- vaseline (as a mold release)
- a ‘critter’ to use as the master form (or make your own)
What can I use for cement molds?
Silicone is used to produce durable, flexible molds that won’t stick to the object being molded. While there are many silicone products made specifically for mold-making, you can achieve the same results with standard 100% (or outdoor) silicone caulk; it is basically the same product.
What is lead ball?
Lead balls are normally used for radiation protection to fill and melt into hollow spaces and gaps in Lead shields where other Lead products like Lead sheet or Lead bricks are not approachable. The material has a low melting point and can be processed easily and fast into a homogenous barrier layer.