- 1 Can you screw into concrete fence posts?
- 2 How do you install a 4×4 post on concrete?
- 3 How do you install a metal fence post in concrete?
- 4 How do you attach something to concrete without drilling?
- 5 How long will a 4×4 post last in concrete?
- 6 How do you install newel post on concrete?
- 7 How do you anchor stairs to concrete?
- 8 Should I use concrete for fence posts?
- 9 What is the best concrete for fence posts?
- 10 How many bags of concrete do I need for a fence post?
- 11 What glue will stick to concrete?
- 12 How do you stick plywood to concrete?
Can you screw into concrete fence posts?
jonna said: You need to stay away from the edges as the steel rods are there, as long as you drill in the middle you should be fine. You can get drill bits which go through the concrete and bar..
How do you install a 4×4 post on concrete?
- Dig post hole so diameter of the hole is 3 times the width of the post (i.e., the hole for a 4” wood post should be about 12 inches wide).
- Add about 6 inches of QUIKRETE All-Purpose Gravel into the bottom of the hole.
- Set the post into the hole and attach 2×4 braces to adjacent sides of the post.
How do you install a metal fence post in concrete?
Dig the hole so it’s at least twice the diameter of the metal post. Place 6 inches of gravel in the bottom of your hole for drainage. Place the metal post so it sits securely in the bottom of the hole atop the gravel and is centered. Shovel or pour 8 to 10 inches of gravel into the hole around the post.
How do you attach something to concrete without drilling?
A simple fix might include an adhesive or adhesive-baked hook, while there are other fasteners like hard wall hooks and masonry nails. Powder-actuated fasteners and concrete nail guns are useful for supporting frames and providing a much greater hold.
How long will a 4×4 post last in concrete?
A pressure treated 4×4 set in concrete should last about 20 years of more, depending on the soil conditions and drainage.
How do you install newel post on concrete?
Remove the nut from the bolt and place the newel post onto the bolt, aligning the center mark on the bottom of the post with the anchor bolt. Thread the post onto the coarse threads of the anchor bolt. Tighten the posts onto the bolt and tight against the concrete floor.
How do you anchor stairs to concrete?
How to Anchor Deck Stairs to Concrete
- Use your jigsaw. Notch out the bottom front of the center stair stringers to accept a 2×4 base plate.
- Make sure your stringers are level. Fasten the base plate to the stair stringers with screws.
- Locked in place.
Should I use concrete for fence posts?
Concrete is the most secure material for setting fence posts, especially if you have sandy soil. Using premixed concrete rather than dry concrete will ensure ultimate security. While concrete is sturdy, it lacks the drainage of gravel and can trap moisture, ultimately leading to rot.
What is the best concrete for fence posts?
Fast-setting concrete is ideal for installing fence posts since it doesn’t need to be mixed in a bucket or a wheelbarrow. Once you’ve finished digging your post holes, add about three to four inches of gravel into the bottom and compact it using a post or a 2×4.
How many bags of concrete do I need for a fence post?
Most fence post holes will need between 1 – 4 bags of concrete to securely hold the post in place. The best way to determine the size of the hole is: Diameter of the hole is 3 times the width of the fence post. Depth of the hole is one-third to half the above ground height of the fence post.
What glue will stick to concrete?
SAKRETE Concrete Glue is a liquid latex bonding adhesive for bonding new concrete, mortar or gypsum plaster to existing surfaces.
How do you stick plywood to concrete?
One way to attach plywood to a concrete surface is to screw it into place with concrete fasteners. Another way that involves less strain and hard work is to glue the plywood to the concrete. This only requires a few materials and will adhere the plywood very securely in place.