- 1 What is the best concrete floor cleaner?
- 2 How do you clean indoor concrete floors?
- 3 What is the best way to finish a concrete floor?
- 4 Does white vinegar clean concrete?
- 5 Can you use Pine Sol on concrete floors?
- 6 Can Simple Green Clean concrete?
- 7 Can you steam clean concrete floors?
- 8 Can you mop a basement floor?
- 9 Can I polish my concrete floor myself?
- 10 Can I use Mop and Glo on concrete floors?
- 11 Can you polish existing concrete floors?
- 12 Are concrete floors bad for your health?
- 13 Is stained concrete flooring a good option?
What is the best concrete floor cleaner?
Our Top Picks
- Best Overall. Zep Neutral pH Floor Cleaner Concentrate ZUNEUT128.
- Best Bang For The Buck. Sunnyside 64216 TSP All Purpose Cleaner.
- Best Eco-Friendly. ACT Concrete Cleaner.
- Best For Pressure Washing. Simple Green Oxy Solve Total Pressure Washer Cleaner.
- Best Waterless.
- Best Degreaser.
- Best For Mold and Mildew.
How do you clean indoor concrete floors?
How to Clean Concrete Floors
- Clear debris. Clean and clear the floor of all debris, dirt and dust using a vacuum, soft bristle broom or dry dust mop.
- Apply Simple Green Multi-Surface Floor Care. Spray the cleaning solution as a light mist across your floor section by section.
- Mop up in sections. Wet mop with clean water and wring well.
What is the best way to finish a concrete floor?
Top Concrete Finishing Options
- Acid Stain. An acid stain for concrete floor has a very bold look, recognizable by its mottled appearance and highly variegated finish.
- Water-Based Stain.
- Fast Stain.
- Acrylic Sealer.
- Standard Epoxy.
- Metallic Epoxy.
- Terrazzo or Granite Epoxy.
- Quartz Sand Epoxy.
Does white vinegar clean concrete?
Yes. Vinegar makes a great cleaner for stained concrete floors. Because of its acidity, you should dilute it 50/50 with warm water to avoid damaging the floors. However, you can use small amounts of full-strength vinegar for touch stains, followed by a quick water rinse.
Can you use Pine Sol on concrete floors?
You can use Pine – Sol ® Cleaners on most concrete floors. Pine – Sol ® Cleaners are concentrated formulas that you dilute for most jobs. For general concrete cleanup, use a 24 oz. bottle of Pine – Sol ® for 12 gallons of cleaning power.
Can Simple Green Clean concrete?
You can use Simple Green Oxy Solve Concrete and Driveway Cleaner to clean a concrete patio with or without a pressure washer. It removes oil, grease, grime and most stains and discolorations. Its biodegradable formula is safe for lawns and pets.
Can you steam clean concrete floors?
A steam cleaner is the most effective cleaning tool when cleaning concrete because the steam will penetrate even the tiniest of crevices to lift and remove dirt, debris, grease, stains, gum, odors, etc. Then, steam clean the floors with a floor cleaning head and if you have heavy stains use the micro fiber cover.
Can you mop a basement floor?
If your concrete floor is sealed, you can safely wet mop your floor. However, if it is unsealed, dry mop and remove moisture as quickly as possible. Sitting moisture can soak into the concrete and cause new staining.
Can I polish my concrete floor myself?
The good news is, you can achieve this smooth, glossy look for yourself AND you don’t have to outsource the job to tradesmen either! With a range of easy-to-operate concrete polishing equipment for rent, you can be the master of your own project on either old or new concrete floors.
Can I use Mop and Glo on concrete floors?
Waxing Products and Concrete Flooring Not all types of concrete flooring will benefit from this treatment, but high gloss polished flooring and some types of stained concrete flooring will. Do not use cheap wax-cleanser combination products, such as Mop -n- Glo and other products available at your local grocery store.
Can you polish existing concrete floors?
Almost any structurally sound concrete floor, whether new or old, can be polished. However there are some exceptions, for example with new floors no special mix design is required to achieve good results – although the floor should be in place at least 28 days before polishing begins to ensure adequate curing.
Are concrete floors bad for your health?
According to experts, concrete floor systems can cause everything from bunions and ingrown toenails to shin splints, lumbar strain, and achilles tendonitis. It can also lead to lower back pain, stress fractures, knee pain, and worsening of arthritis symptoms.
Is stained concrete flooring a good option?
Concrete floors are a great alternative to linoleum, carpet, wood, tile, stone or marble flooring. Concrete can be stained nearly any color, resurfaced in a variety of textures and finishes, or polished for a smooth, shiny look. Plus, concrete flooring is durable, long-lasting and easy to clean and maintain.