- 1 What concrete means?
- 2 What is a concrete example?
- 3 What kind of material is concrete?
- 4 What do you mean by concrete and how it prepare?
- 5 What is an example of concrete thinking?
- 6 What is a concrete thinker?
- 7 Is example of concrete knowledge?
- 8 What is a concrete learner?
- 9 Why are concrete examples important?
- 10 What are the 5 types of cement?
- 11 What are the 4 main properties of concrete?
- 12 What is the strongest type of cement?
- 13 What is a strong concrete mix?
- 14 Which is stronger cement or concrete?
- 15 What is concrete mix used for?
What concrete means?
Concrete is that pourable mix of cement, water, sand, and gravel that hardens into a super-strong building material. Sidewalks, foundations, and highways are all made of concrete. When used as an adjective, concrete also means solid.
What is a concrete example?
A concrete example is an example that can be touched or sensed as opposed to an abstract example which can’t be. Let’s say that I’m trying to describe addition. An abstract example of addition is something like this: 3 coins is the sum of 1 coin added to 2 coins.
What kind of material is concrete?
Concrete, in construction, structural material consisting of a hard, chemically inert particulate substance, known as aggregate (usually sand and gravel ), that is bonded together by cement and water.
What do you mean by concrete and how it prepare?
1: a mass formed by concretion or coalescence of separate particles of matter in one body. 2: a hard strong building material made by mixing a cementing material (such as portland cement ) and a mineral aggregate (such as sand and gravel) with sufficient water to cause the cement to set and bind the entire mass.
What is an example of concrete thinking?
A concrete thinker can recognize that John likes Betty; a more abstract thinker can reflect on emotions, like affection. Another example of concrete thinking in young children is a two or three year old who thinks that as long as he stays out of his bedroom, it will not be bed time.
What is a concrete thinker?
Concrete thinking is reasoning that’s based on what you can see, hear, feel, and experience in the here and now. It’s sometimes called literal thinking, because it’s reasoning that focuses on physical objects, immediate experiences, and exact interpretations.
Is example of concrete knowledge?
Subject knowledge, skills are all examples of Concrete Knowledge.
What is a concrete learner?
1. Individuals that learn best with hands-on methods and show the most success when doing it themselves, being involved with their learning process and “doing” rather than “watching.”
Why are concrete examples important?
Why do you need concrete examples? Abstract ideas can be vague and hard to grasp. Moreover, human memory is designed to remember concrete information better than abstract information (1). To really nail down an abstract idea, you need to solidify it in your mind.
What are the 5 types of cement?
- Ordinary Portland Cement (OPC) Ordinary Portland cement is the most widely used type of cement, which is suitable for all general concrete construction.
- Portland Pozzolana Cement (PPC)
- Rapid Hardening Cement.
- Quick setting cement.
- Low Heat Cement.
- Sulfates Resisting Cement.
- Blast Furnace Slag Cement.
- High Alumina Cement.
What are the 4 main properties of concrete?
The properties of hardened concrete
- Mechanical strength, in particular compressive strength. The strength of normal concrete varies between 25 and 40 MPa.
- Porosity and density.
- Fire resistance.
- Thermal and acoustic insulation properties.
- Impact resistance.
What is the strongest type of cement?
High- strength concrete has a compressive strength greater than 40 MPa (5800 psi). In the UK, BS EN 206-1 defines High strength concrete as concrete with a compressive strength class higher than C50/60. High- strength concrete is made by lowering the water -cement (W/C) ratio to 0.35 or lower.
What is a strong concrete mix?
A strong concrete mix would be something like 1:3:5 ( Cement, Sand, Coarse Gravel). In this case, both the sand and gravel are the aggregate.
Which is stronger cement or concrete?
Let’s start with the basics: concrete is significantly stronger than cement. Cement is a durable material in its own right, but it simply does not compare to concrete. That’s why cement is usually used for smaller, more decorative projects.
What is concrete mix used for?
Concrete is a common material used in a wide range of construction projects. It is used in setting fence posts, pouring driveways and even laying the foundation for a home.