- 1 Can you build a deck over concrete porch?
- 2 How do you attach a deck to concrete?
- 3 What can I use to cover my concrete porch?
- 4 Can you screw decking straight to concrete?
- 5 Can you cover concrete porch with wood?
- 6 Can I build a deck directly on the ground?
- 7 What is a floating deck?
- 8 What is cheaper wood deck or concrete patio?
- 9 Why deck posts should not be set in concrete?
- 10 How do you attach something to concrete without drilling?
- 11 Should deck posts be set in concrete?
- 12 How can I make my concrete porch look better?
- 13 Can you resurface a concrete porch?
- 14 What color should I paint my concrete porch?
Can you build a deck over concrete porch?
Even if your patio is in terrible shape, you can deck over it. Cracks, craters and seasonal movement along cracks are no problem. (depending on the thickness of your decking and whether or not you put spacers under the sleepers). So any door thresholds adjoining the patio must be at least that far above the concrete.
How do you attach a deck to concrete?
Setting Posts in Concrete
- Dig the post hole, making it three times the width of the post and at a depth equal to 1/3 to 1⁄2 of the above-ground length of the post, plus 6″ (right).
- Pour 6″ of gravel or crushed stone into the bottom of the hole.
- Set the post in the hole.
What can I use to cover my concrete porch?
Cover Your Concrete Patio – Ideas
- Fake A Concrete Patio Cover Up With Stain.
- How to Cover Your Patio with Paint and Make It look Like Tile.
- Use Pavers to Cover Your Concrete Patio.
- Use Tile To Cover a Concrete Patio.
- Concrete Patio Idea – Cover Up with a Deck!
- Another Concrete Patio Cover Up Using Stain.
Can you screw decking straight to concrete?
Yes, you can lay or install composite decking on concrete if your want to.
Can you cover concrete porch with wood?
Covering your concrete porch with wood provides a warmer feel. Covering a concrete porch with wood provides a warmer, cozier feel. It is also a good way to cover up peeling paint, slight chipping and discolored concrete. Whatever your reasons, adding a wood floor to your concrete porch is a fairly simple operation.
Can I build a deck directly on the ground?
Floating decks can be set directly on the ground or, preferably, a bed of gravel. But it’s best to support the deck on concrete blocks. This keeps the wood off the ground and away from moisture so the wood stays drier and lasts longer.
What is a floating deck?
A floating deck, also called a free standing deck, is simply a deck that’s not attached to any structure, including (of course) your house. To understand how to build a floating deck, here are a few basics. As an independent structure, a floating deck has a few advantages over an attached deck.
What is cheaper wood deck or concrete patio?
Overall, a concrete patio will generally be cheaper to install compared to a deck. While your specific house and yard set-up may determine which is cheaper for your individual needs, a wood deck is likely to have a better return on investment compared to a concrete patio.
Why deck posts should not be set in concrete?
A deck post should always be placed on top of footing, not inside concrete because it can break. Concrete tends to absorb moisture and wood expands when it gets wet, so these two factors combined will result in the wood breaking the concrete.
How do you attach something to concrete without drilling?
A simple fix might include an adhesive or adhesive-baked hook, while there are other fasteners like hard wall hooks and masonry nails. Powder-actuated fasteners and concrete nail guns are useful for supporting frames and providing a much greater hold.
Should deck posts be set in concrete?
There are several ways to set deck posts; we recommend attaching the posts to concrete footers above the ground. This helps to prevent wooden posts from rotting. Set footers a minimum of 6” below the frost line for your area to prevent movement during freezing temperatures.
How can I make my concrete porch look better?
Take a look at all of these fabulous concrete patio ideas.
- Paint a Pattern. Yes, you can paint your concrete slab.
- Lay Decking Flooring. Did you know you can lay decking over a concrete slab?
- Add Curves With Pavers.
- Lay Slate Tiles.
- Stain the Concrete to Look Like Tile.
- Add a Beautiful Outdoor Rug.
- Paint Concrete.
- Dress it Up.
Can you resurface a concrete porch?
Concrete patios with minor damage, but in otherwise good condition, can be transformed with concrete resurfacing. Instead of starting over with a new patio, you can upgrade its appearance and strength with a cement -based overlay. Your resurfaced concrete patio can be stamped, stained, or stenciled and have color added.
What color should I paint my concrete porch?
We recommend painting your outdoor concrete patio in a color that matches your lifestyle, decor and intended use for the space. If you want a patio that looks clean and simple, standard gray is a good bet.