- 1 How do you shine stained concrete floors?
- 2 What is the best thing to clean stained concrete floors?
- 3 Can you polish an existing concrete floor?
- 4 Can you refinish stained concrete floors?
- 5 Can you polish stained concrete?
- 6 Can you use Pine Sol on stained concrete floors?
- 7 Can you use vinegar on stained concrete?
- 8 Can you use vinegar on concrete floors?
- 9 What kind of wax do you use on stained concrete floors?
- 10 How much does it cost to polish existing concrete floors?
- 11 Can I polish my concrete basement floor?
- 12 How much does it cost to polish a concrete garage floor?
- 13 How do you revive stained concrete?
- 14 Is it cheaper to tile or stained concrete?
How do you shine stained concrete floors?
Stained concrete floors are easy to clean and keep shiny.
- Sweep your floor. Use a dustmop to avoid damaging the surface of your stained concrete floor.
- Mop your floors. Use a damp mop for occasional cleanup.
- Seal your floors.
- Wax your floors.
- Avoid scuffing your floor.
- Maintain your shiny floors.
What is the best thing to clean stained concrete floors?
WHAT CLEANERS SHOULD I USE ON MY CONCRETE FLOORS?
- A pH-neutral cleaner is best for decorative concrete flooring.
- Avoid harsh cleaning products such as ammonia, citrus, bleach, vinegar or pine cleaners because they can react with the concrete and etch the surface.
Can you polish an existing concrete floor?
Almost any structurally sound concrete floor, whether new or old, can be polished. However there are some exceptions, for example with new floors no special mix design is required to achieve good results – although the floor should be in place at least 28 days before polishing begins to ensure adequate curing.
Can you refinish stained concrete floors?
The only true type of concrete staining is acid staining, which seeps into the concrete’s pores to actually become a part of the concrete surface. You can restain concrete if it’s already been stained, but it won’t be as rich of a color, as it may not take in all areas of the concrete.
Can you polish stained concrete?
A concrete floor can be stained to a variety of shades and colors, and when that floor is properly polished, the floor will be durable and nearly maintenance-free. A special concrete polishing machine is required for the job, along with sanding disks varying from coarse to very fine.
Can you use Pine Sol on stained concrete floors?
You can use Pine – Sol ® Cleaners on most concrete floors. Pine – Sol ® Cleaners are concentrated formulas that you dilute for most jobs. For general concrete cleanup, use a 24 oz.
Can you use vinegar on stained concrete?
Yes. Vinegar makes a great cleaner for stained concrete floors. Because of its acidity, you should dilute it 50/50 with warm water to avoid damaging the floors. However, you can use small amounts of full-strength vinegar for touch stains, followed by a quick water rinse.
Can you use vinegar on concrete floors?
Cleaning Concrete Floors with Vinegar A natural, all-purpose cleaner, white vinegar is one of the best ways to clean concrete, especially if your floor has stubborn stains caused by mildew or grease. Vinegar also works as a phenomenal spot treatment and stain remover.
What kind of wax do you use on stained concrete floors?
Cherry Wax is water -based and applies easily with a microfiber dust mop, synthetic fiber wax applicator or lambs wool applicator. Cherry Wax provides excellent scuff and abrasion resistance for all types of interior flooring applications including stained concrete floors and epoxy floors.
How much does it cost to polish existing concrete floors?
Cost To Polish Existing Concrete Floors. The average cost to polish existing concrete floors is $3 to $15 per square foot, depending on the job size, prep work, and complexity. Concrete surface repairs and design, stamping, staining, and sealing work can add $1 to $10 per square foot or more to the overall cost.
Can I polish my concrete basement floor?
Sources I’ve seen state that nearly any concrete floor can be polished, so long as it is structurally sound. Floors that are very porous, need extensive patching, or are wavy are probably not good candidates. New slabs need to cure for 28 days before polishing.
How much does it cost to polish a concrete garage floor?
Expect to pay $6 to $10 per square foot and up depending on the level of shine you want, the shape of your concrete, and the size of your garage floor. It can get more expensive if you want to stain the concrete as well.
How do you revive stained concrete?
To change the color, we’re covering the two most common solutions here: You can re- stain the floors (by applying a new penetrating sealant) or paint them (by applying an industrial coating).
Is it cheaper to tile or stained concrete?
Staining a concrete floor typically costs less than tiling. Installing ceramic or porcelain tile costs on average between $15 and $20 per square foot.