- 1 How do you clean stained concrete?
- 2 How can I make my concrete driveway white again?
- 3 How do you clean a dirty concrete driveway?
- 4 What is the best cleaner to use on a concrete driveway?
- 5 Can you use vinegar on stained concrete?
- 6 What is the best concrete stain remover?
- 7 Can bleach be used to clean concrete?
- 8 Does OxiClean clean concrete?
- 9 How do you make concrete look new again?
- 10 Can I pressure wash my driveway?
- 11 Will straight bleach harm concrete?
- 12 Is Simple Green good for cleaning concrete?
- 13 How do I make my driveway look new?
- 14 What is a good driveway cleaner?
How do you clean stained concrete?
Mix 1/2 cup baking soda to one gallon of water for a gentle cleaning solution. Add 1/8 cup of liquid dish detergent. Spray on patio surface, let sit for 30 minutes, then scrub and rinse. For heavily stained or mildewed patios, you may need a pressure washer.
How can I make my concrete driveway white again?
Bleach, soap and water can be combined to make to a powerful cleaner. Mix 1 cup of bleach, 1 cup of powdered laundry detergent and 16 cups of hot water. Pour the solution over stained and dirty areas of the driveway. Work it in with a hard bristled brush and let it set for about 20 minutes.
How do you clean a dirty concrete driveway?
Sweep the concrete surface, then spray the stained area with a garden hose to rinse away dirt. In a large plastic bucket, mix ½ cup of liquid dish detergent into 3 gallons of hot water. (Or, for the best results on tannin stains, use a powdered laundry detergent that’s advertised as being good at removing food stains.)
What is the best cleaner to use on a concrete driveway?
Scrub the area with a mold-killing detergent or a solution of bleach and water (about 1 cup bleach per gallon of water ). If you’re worried about damage to nearby plant life, distilled white vinegar can also be effective. Learn more: How to Clean Mold Off Concrete.
Can you use vinegar on stained concrete?
Yes. Vinegar makes a great cleaner for stained concrete floors. Because of its acidity, you should dilute it 50/50 with warm water to avoid damaging the floors. However, you can use small amounts of full-strength vinegar for touch stains, followed by a quick water rinse.
What is the best concrete stain remover?
Best Concrete Oil Stain Remover
- Terminator Concrete Stain & Grease Remover.
- EXIMO Waterless Concrete Cleaner.
- PROSOCO Oil & Grease Stain Remover for Driveways.
- Krud Cutter Concrete & Driveway Pressure Washer Concentrate – Best degreaser for oil on concrete.
Can bleach be used to clean concrete?
A simple solution of household bleach poured onto the problem area followed by a hot water rinse can remove dirt, grime, mold, and mildew. In certain instances, using a scrubber or a broom with a bleach solution can release embedded dirt. Since concrete is porous, it will retain both odors and stains.
Does OxiClean clean concrete?
The active ingredient in OxiClean is sodium percarbonate, a powder that, when mixed with water, releases hydrogen peroxide and soda ash. The powder mixes best into warm-to-hot water. Mop that onto the walkway and wait five to 30 minutes. During that time, you can scrub the concrete to make the cleaning more effective.
How do you make concrete look new again?
3 Ways to Make Old Concrete Look New Again
- Power Wash. Over time, your concrete will accumulate grime and dirt.
- Resurface. If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to improve your curb appeal, resurfacing your concrete steps and driveway is a great way to start.
- Add Stain or Sealing Coats.
- Revive Your Old Concrete.
Can I pressure wash my driveway?
There’s no doubt that electric pressure washers from 1,300 to 2,300 psi can wash a concrete driveway, but it’ll take longer. If you have a large driveway with lots of stains, you’ll want more power to do the job faster. I chose the 3,100-psi gas pressure washer and cut the job time in half.
Will straight bleach harm concrete?
When applied to concrete, bleach does not harm the sturdy material. It also disinfects concrete. When using bleach, work in a well-ventilated area because the fumes from bleach can be overwhelming. Depending on your cleaning project, you might combine the bleach with detergent, dilute it with water or use it straight.
Is Simple Green good for cleaning concrete?
You can use Simple Green Oxy Solve Concrete and Driveway Cleaner to clean a concrete patio with or without a pressure washer. It removes oil, grease, grime and most stains and discolorations. Its biodegradable formula is safe for lawns and pets.
How do I make my driveway look new?
There are several ways to make your driveway more appealing, possibly becoming the envy of your neighborhood.
- Pressure Wash.
- Repair any broken pavers or bricks, fill any cracks.
- Add a border.
- Staining concrete driveways.
- Upgrade your driveway.
- Improve your landscaping.
- Decorative Mailbox.
What is a good driveway cleaner?
Our 8 Favorite Concrete Cleaners
|Oil Eater||1 gal||Oil /Grease|
|EXIMO Concrete Cleaner||3 lbs||Oil /Grease|
|Chomp! Pull It Out||32 oz||Oil /Grease|
|Simple Green Pro HD||1 gal||All Purpose|