- 1 How do you clean indoor concrete floors?
- 2 How do you clean unsealed concrete floors?
- 3 What is the best way to clean concrete?
- 4 How do you clean interior concrete walls?
- 5 What is the best concrete cleaner?
- 6 Does white vinegar clean concrete?
- 7 Does OxiClean clean concrete?
- 8 Can vinegar clean concrete floors?
- 9 Does bleach harm concrete?
- 10 Does vinegar harm concrete?
- 11 Does bleach clean concrete?
- 12 How can I make my concrete white again?
- 13 Will vinegar kill mold on concrete?
- 14 How do you clean concrete block walls in a basement?
- 15 What kills black mold on concrete?
How do you clean indoor concrete floors?
How to Clean Concrete Floors
- Clear debris. Clean and clear the floor of all debris, dirt and dust using a vacuum, soft bristle broom or dry dust mop.
- Apply Simple Green Multi-Surface Floor Care. Spray the cleaning solution as a light mist across your floor section by section.
- Mop up in sections. Wet mop with clean water and wring well.
How do you clean unsealed concrete floors?
How to Clean Unsealed Concrete Floors
- Sprinkle sawdust on grease and oil stains.
- Sweep the floor with a push broom.
- Dust mop or vacuum the floor.
- Apply detergent and water on the stains.
- Scrub the stained spots with a brush.
- Mop with a baking soda solution.
- Rinse and wipe the floor dry.
What is the best way to clean concrete?
Mix 1/2 cup baking soda to one gallon of water for a gentle cleaning solution. Add 1/8 cup of liquid dish detergent. Spray on patio surface, let sit for 30 minutes, then scrub and rinse. For heavily stained or mildewed patios, you may need a pressure washer.
How do you clean interior concrete walls?
Mix together 1 gallon of water and ½ cup of chlorine bleach if the walls have mold or mildew. After scrubbing the walls as directed earlier, scrub them again, this time with a stiff scrub brush and the bleach solution.
What is the best concrete cleaner?
Our Top Picks
- Best Overall. Zep Neutral pH Floor Cleaner Concentrate ZUNEUT128.
- Best Bang For The Buck. Sunnyside 64216 TSP All Purpose Cleaner.
- Best Eco-Friendly. ACT Concrete Cleaner.
- Best For Pressure Washing. Simple Green Oxy Solve Total Pressure Washer Cleaner.
- Best Waterless.
- Best Degreaser.
- Best For Mold and Mildew.
Does white vinegar clean concrete?
Yes. Vinegar makes a great cleaner for stained concrete floors. Because of its acidity, you should dilute it 50/50 with warm water to avoid damaging the floors. However, you can use small amounts of full-strength vinegar for touch stains, followed by a quick water rinse.
Does OxiClean clean concrete?
The active ingredient in OxiClean is sodium percarbonate, a powder that, when mixed with water, releases hydrogen peroxide and soda ash. The powder mixes best into warm-to-hot water. Mop that onto the walkway and wait five to 30 minutes. During that time, you can scrub the concrete to make the cleaning more effective.
Can vinegar clean concrete floors?
Cleaning Concrete Floors with Vinegar A natural, all-purpose cleaner, white vinegar is one of the best ways to clean concrete, especially if your floor has stubborn stains caused by mildew or grease. Vinegar also works as a phenomenal spot treatment and stain remover.
Does bleach harm concrete?
When applied to concrete, bleach does not harm the sturdy material. However, it does remove spots and unwanted matter from the surface, such as mildew and moss. When using bleach, work in a well-ventilated area because the fumes from bleach can be overwhelming.
Does vinegar harm concrete?
Vinegar does not dissolve concrete itself but can degrade the cement that binds concrete together. As a weak, dilute acid, vinegar will cause only minor damage to concrete but can take the shine off polished surfaces. It can, however, be used to remove small amounts of cement from tools.
Does bleach clean concrete?
Concrete floors are commonly used in basements, patios and garages. Since these areas are prone to dirt, residue, mold or mildew, you should clean them with bleach. Bleach effectively removes many stains, deodorizes and kills mold and mildew when used properly.
How can I make my concrete white again?
Apply vinegar or bleach to the discolored areas. If you use vinegar, do not dilute it. Pour it onto the concrete and scrub it into the surface with a scrub brush. If the discoloration starts to fade, repeat until it disappears completely.
Will vinegar kill mold on concrete?
Vinegar usually isn’t recommended to kill mold on concrete. Although it’s unlikely to harm the concrete itself, it may damage the surrounding cement.
How do you clean concrete block walls in a basement?
Squirt a few drops of liquid dish soap into a 5-gallon bucket and fill with warm water. Dip a stiff-bristled brush or a plastic scouring brush into the soapy water and scrub the wall. Rinse the brush constantly while working across and down the wall surface.
What kills black mold on concrete?
- Place a hose on its most powerful setting to clean off the concrete.
- Scrape off any remaining black mold with a spatula.
- Mix a solution of chlorine bleach, detergent and water.
- Apply the solution to the concrete with sponge or brush.
- Rinse off the concrete.
- Scrub the concrete and rinse again if black mold persists.