- 1 How do you clean concrete floors at home?
- 2 What’s the best way to clean stained concrete floors?
- 3 Does white vinegar clean concrete?
- 4 What is the best concrete cleaner?
- 5 Can you use Pine Sol on concrete floors?
- 6 Can I polish my concrete floor myself?
- 7 Can I use Mop and Glo on concrete floors?
- 8 What kind of wax do you use on stained concrete floors?
- 9 Can you steam clean concrete floors?
- 10 How do you remove old stains from concrete?
- 11 How do you remove black stains from concrete?
- 12 Will baking soda damage concrete?
- 13 How can I clean my patio without a pressure washer?
How do you clean concrete floors at home?
How to Clean Concrete Floors
- Clear debris. Clean and clear the floor of all debris, dirt and dust using a vacuum, soft bristle broom or dry dust mop.
- Apply Simple Green Multi-Surface Floor Care. Spray the cleaning solution as a light mist across your floor section by section.
- Mop up in sections. Wet mop with clean water and wring well.
What’s the best way to clean stained concrete floors?
For stains, first try warm water and a soft (non-metal) scrub brush. Graduate to mild soap to strong soap, and finally adding ammonia. For stubborn stains, chemicals or degreasers may be needed. (These should only be used on plain concrete, not stained or polished surfaces.)
Does white vinegar clean concrete?
Yes. Vinegar makes a great cleaner for stained concrete floors. Because of its acidity, you should dilute it 50/50 with warm water to avoid damaging the floors. However, you can use small amounts of full-strength vinegar for touch stains, followed by a quick water rinse.
What is the best concrete cleaner?
Our Top Picks
- Best Overall. Zep Neutral pH Floor Cleaner Concentrate ZUNEUT128.
- Best Bang For The Buck. Sunnyside 64216 TSP All Purpose Cleaner.
- Best Eco-Friendly. ACT Concrete Cleaner.
- Best For Pressure Washing. Simple Green Oxy Solve Total Pressure Washer Cleaner.
- Best Waterless.
- Best Degreaser.
- Best For Mold and Mildew.
Can you use Pine Sol on concrete floors?
You can use Pine – Sol ® Cleaners on most concrete floors. Pine – Sol ® Cleaners are concentrated formulas that you dilute for most jobs. For general concrete cleanup, use a 24 oz. bottle of Pine – Sol ® for 12 gallons of cleaning power.
Can I polish my concrete floor myself?
The good news is, you can achieve this smooth, glossy look for yourself AND you don’t have to outsource the job to tradesmen either! With a range of easy-to-operate concrete polishing equipment for rent, you can be the master of your own project on either old or new concrete floors.
Can I use Mop and Glo on concrete floors?
Waxing Products and Concrete Flooring Not all types of concrete flooring will benefit from this treatment, but high gloss polished flooring and some types of stained concrete flooring will. Do not use cheap wax-cleanser combination products, such as Mop -n- Glo and other products available at your local grocery store.
What kind of wax do you use on stained concrete floors?
Cherry Wax is water -based and applies easily with a microfiber dust mop, synthetic fiber wax applicator or lambs wool applicator. Cherry Wax provides excellent scuff and abrasion resistance for all types of interior flooring applications including stained concrete floors and epoxy floors.
Can you steam clean concrete floors?
A steam cleaner is the most effective cleaning tool when cleaning concrete because the steam will penetrate even the tiniest of crevices to lift and remove dirt, debris, grease, stains, gum, odors, etc. Then, steam clean the floors with a floor cleaning head and if you have heavy stains use the micro fiber cover.
How do you remove old stains from concrete?
Often you can remove a brand-new stain with only household cleaner and water. Use a nylon brush to scrub it away. For large spills, apply spill absorbent to the area and let it sit for 24 hours. Then sweep it up the next day.
How do you remove black stains from concrete?
Then prepare a cleaning solution of one-eighth cup liquid dishwashing detergent, one-half cup baking soda, and one gallon of water. Mix the solution thoroughly before pouring it over the stained area. Use a nylon scrub brush to work the solution into the stain, scrubbing until the marks are gone. Rinse thoroughly.
Will baking soda damage concrete?
When washing concrete, be wary of using any strong chemicals, particularly any acid-based cleaners—these can damage concrete. Instead, use gentle washing agents such as baking soda, dish soap, and water.
How can I clean my patio without a pressure washer?
Mix a cleaning solution of half vinegar and half water, pour it onto the patio and let it sit for 20 minutes. Marshalls explain on their website: “Your water/vinegar mix should be in equal parts or, if your paving is particularly dirty, mixed with more vinegar than water.