- 1 Can you cover concrete steps?
- 2 How can I make my concrete look better?
- 3 How do you cover indoor concrete steps?
- 4 How can I improve old concrete steps?
- 5 Can you put stone over concrete steps?
- 6 Can you put Trex over concrete steps?
- 7 What can you cover concrete with?
- 8 What is the best way to clean concrete?
- 9 What are the steps to cover a basement?
- 10 Can you build a deck over concrete steps?
- 11 How do you lay carpet on concrete steps?
- 12 How much does it cost to resurface concrete steps?
- 13 How much does it cost to replace concrete steps?
- 14 How much does it cost to repair concrete steps?
Can you cover concrete steps?
Covering your concrete steps with wood can add protection and beauty to your steps. Concrete steps may serve their purpose, but they are not the most attractive looking steps. You can spice up their appearance by adding some wood planks on top of them.
How can I make my concrete look better?
Take a look at all of these fabulous concrete patio ideas.
- Paint a Pattern. Yes, you can paint your concrete slab.
- Lay Decking Flooring. Did you know you can lay decking over a concrete slab?
- Add Curves With Pavers.
- Lay Slate Tiles.
- Stain the Concrete to Look Like Tile.
- Add a Beautiful Outdoor Rug.
- Paint Concrete.
- Dress it Up.
How do you cover indoor concrete steps?
To cover over concrete stairs, run a line of carpet from top to bottom. When covering wood stairs, fairly narrow strips of carpet are typically run down the center portion of the stairs, leaving bare areas on each side. For concrete stairs, cut the carpet to fit edge to edge.
How can I improve old concrete steps?
Concrete steps outside – improve the appearance
- Painting with concrete /floor paint. Whilst this seems the easiest approach, I can’t imagine it would look great.
- Concrete stain. I can’t find loads of info on this (seems to be an American thing?), and it seems more for internal concrete.
- Quarry Tiles.
- Paving on the top.
Can you put stone over concrete steps?
You can give your steps a more stylish appearance without removing the concrete by simply installing pavers right on top. Laying pavers over concrete steps is not difficult, but you must set them in mortar to keep them in place. Plan to lay pavers over both the face and surface of the steps.
Can you put Trex over concrete steps?
Yes, you can install composite decking on concrete. Concrete patios and other hard surfaces are an ideal place to lay deck tiles because they are stable and durable. Concrete provides a more stable surface for composite decking, compared to surfaces such as gravel or sand.
What can you cover concrete with?
You can ‘t turn back time on spalling or cracks, but you can cover them up with the right concrete repair products. For example, a layer of Quikrete’s Re-Cap Concrete Resurfacer will give your patio a smooth and wear-resistant finish with the look of freshly poured concrete, but with a shorter working and wait time.
What is the best way to clean concrete?
Mix 1/2 cup baking soda to one gallon of water for a gentle cleaning solution. Add 1/8 cup of liquid dish detergent. Spray on patio surface, let sit for 30 minutes, then scrub and rinse. For heavily stained or mildewed patios, you may need a pressure washer.
What are the steps to cover a basement?
The 2 best solutions for basement stairs are: 1) carpet and 2) hardwood/wood…or even better a combo of these two – wood plus a carpet runner. Now, if you have concrete steps, I would just recommend doing carpet. It is the easiest, safest and least expensive option.
Can you build a deck over concrete steps?
Instead of removing those concrete front steps, save some time by building a wood deck over and around them. Don’t let your concrete steps prevent you from adding a front deck. If your steps have a solid foundation and aren’t crumbling, you can actually build your deck right over it.
How do you lay carpet on concrete steps?
- Mix a small batch of concrete according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- Put on a pair of safety glasses.
- Spread the indoor-outdoor carpet adhesive on the treads and molded edges of the concrete steps, using a notched spreader.
- Align the edge of the rolled carpet with the back and one side of the top step.
How much does it cost to resurface concrete steps?
Nationally, the average cost for concrete resurfacing is $3 to $10 per square foot, depending on the condition of the original concrete and local labor costs. For smaller projects, some contractors charge a flat fee of at least $500 to $1,000.
How much does it cost to replace concrete steps?
Cost to Replace Concrete Steps Rates for replacing an existing staircase are between $1,400 and $5,700. That includes the $900 to $5,000 cost of a new unit, along with $400 to $700 for removal of the existing stairs.
How much does it cost to repair concrete steps?
The national average cost to repair concrete steps ranges from $100 to $300 per hour, while most homeowners pay less than $500 for the entire job. Most specialists charge by the hour for concrete step repair, and the total time and project cost will depend on the condition and number of steps you need to repair.