- 1 Can you polish an existing concrete floor?
- 2 How much does it cost to polish concrete floors?
- 3 How much does it cost to stain and polish concrete floors?
- 4 How do you refurbish a concrete floor?
- 5 How long does it take to polish concrete floors?
- 6 What is the best finish for concrete floors?
- 7 How do you make a concrete floor smooth and shiny?
- 8 What tools do you need to polish concrete?
- 9 Is it expensive to polish concrete?
- 10 Is polished concrete cheaper than hardwood?
- 11 Can you use a steam mop on polished concrete floors?
- 12 Is concrete staining cheaper than tile?
- 13 Is stained concrete flooring a good option?
- 14 How long does stained concrete last?
Can you polish an existing concrete floor?
Almost any structurally sound concrete floor, whether new or old, can be polished. However there are some exceptions, for example with new floors no special mix design is required to achieve good results – although the floor should be in place at least 28 days before polishing begins to ensure adequate curing.
How much does it cost to polish concrete floors?
Polished Concrete Cost. Economical: You can expect to pay between $3 and $12 per square foot for polished concrete, depending on your location and the complexity of the project.
How much does it cost to stain and polish concrete floors?
Here are the base prices for popular concrete floor finishes: Stained Concrete Cost – $2 to $4 per square foot. Concrete Overlay Cost – $3 to $7 per square foot. Polished Concrete Cost – $3 to $12 per square foot.
How do you refurbish a concrete floor?
How to refinish concrete floors
- Prepare & Repair. Etch, grind, or shot blast the concrete surface to make it porous.
- Clean & Prime. Mop and let the concrete slab thoroughly dry.
- Mix Product.
- Apply Overlay.
- Add Patterns & Texture.
- Cure & Seal.
How long does it take to polish concrete floors?
Depending on the area, the level of polish, and the obstacles, the polishing can take upwards of 2 to 3 days. However, you can use the surface immediately after the polishing is done. For more information on polished concrete, or to get an estimate, you can contact us at The Floor Company.
What is the best finish for concrete floors?
Top Concrete Finishing Options
- Acid Stain. An acid stain for concrete floor has a very bold look, recognizable by its mottled appearance and highly variegated finish.
- Water-Based Stain.
- Fast Stain.
- Acrylic Sealer.
- Standard Epoxy.
- Metallic Epoxy.
- Terrazzo or Granite Epoxy.
- Quartz Sand Epoxy.
How do you make a concrete floor smooth and shiny?
To achieve a smooth and shiny concrete finish first requires proper leveling, floating, and troweling before it cures. After attaining a relatively smooth concrete surface, and once the concrete is dry, you can utilize either mechanical or chemical polishing methods to achieve a nice, glossy shine.
What tools do you need to polish concrete?
The most essential equipment required for a perfect concrete polished floor are:
- Grinders and Polishers:
- Diamond Tools for Grinding and Polishing:
- Industrial Floor Vacuum:
- Hardening and Compacting Agents:
- Enhancing the Floor with Coloring Agents, Dyes and Stains:
Is it expensive to polish concrete?
While there is no one set price you can usually expect prices to range between $65 – $140 per square meter depending on the desired finish (e.g. grind & seal or mechanical polish ) Compared to other floor finishes on the market, Polished Concrete is a cost -effective option, however you’ll find prices vary depending on a
Is polished concrete cheaper than hardwood?
It is possible for a “fancy” concrete floor to be more expensive than an economical hardwood floor. In general, a tight budget will find concrete floors more budget-friendly, but it depends on the design and finish of the concrete floor.
Can you use a steam mop on polished concrete floors?
No. A steam mop should never be used on a Polished Concrete floor. Nor should one use harsh chemicals such as bleach, citrus products or oils. A microfibre mop is all that is required in conjunction with water or a low ph cleaner.
Is concrete staining cheaper than tile?
Staining a concrete floor typically costs less than tiling. Installing ceramic or porcelain tile costs on average between $15 and $20 per square foot.
Is stained concrete flooring a good option?
Concrete floors are a great alternative to linoleum, carpet, wood, tile, stone or marble flooring. Concrete can be stained nearly any color, resurfaced in a variety of textures and finishes, or polished for a smooth, shiny look. Plus, concrete flooring is durable, long-lasting and easy to clean and maintain.
How long does stained concrete last?
With stained concrete, the concrete itself will last for many years, potentially over 100 years. However, in order for the stain to last, the floors will need to be sealed or waxed once or twice per year.